Hello, I’m Rachel!
Welcome to Herbs, Birds & the Bees!
Herbs, Birds & the Bees is a homesteading & emergency preparedness community striving for greater self reliance.
My goal in this project and business of mine is to help everyone who comes my way to become more self reliant, even if just in the smallest way.
Writing has always been a passion of mine and photography has been an outlet for years to help endure the difficulties of life. Working in the garden is one of the sweetest pleasures in life and I’ve enjoyed sharing that with my family. Cooking with my kids and seeing their confidence and excitement grow inspires me everyday.
Fate has brought me here, sharing my artistic expression and perspective with the world. Working hard to make a living and impact while being able to raise my family at home has been a great blessing so far.
I am a mom of three, wife to my wonderful hubby, college graduate and for better or worse- on the clock 24/7, 365.
5 Random Things About Me:
- I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I believe in Jesus Christ and find joy in life knowing I’ll see my loved ones again who have passed on. (Sharing that because it’s part of who I am, I will not be preaching religion on this site).
- I have a reputation for being a veggie lover.
- My favorite thing to do will always be swimming laps for hours and having that quiet time to think.
- I’ve had three babies unmedicated and still feel that was better than the giant epidural needles.
- My husband and I love doing pillow fights with our kids. It feels like a great way to pay them back for all the sleep deprivation, and they love it.
I can’t wait to connect or do business with you! Wishing you and your family all the best in your self reliance journey!
Herbs, Birds & the Bees
Less Dependence, More Abundance