Hi, I’m Rachel, welcome to Herbs, Birds & the Bees! Writing has always been a passion of mine and photography has been an outlet for years to help endure the difficulties of life. The outdoors is a place where I feel most alive. Working in the garden is one of the sweetest pleasures in life and I’ve enjoyed sharing that with my family. Cooking with my kids and seeing their confidence and excitement grow inspires me everyday. I have always been intrigued by the health benefits of plant based lifestyles.
I am a mom of three, wife to my one and only, college graduate, professional mom, sassypants and for better or worse- on the clock 24/7, 365.
Fate has brought me here, sharing my artistic expression and perspective with the world. I’m working hard to make a living and global impact while still raising my family at home.
Some random things about me:
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I believe in Jesus Christ and find joy in life knowing I’ll see my loved ones again who have passed on. (I share that because it’s a huge part of who I am. No worries, I will not be preaching religion on this site).
- I have a reputation for being a veggie lover.
- My favorite thing to do will always be swimming laps for hours and having that quiet time to think.
- Sweet potatoes are my favorite food. A close second: strawberry brownie ice cream (yes, plant based options exist).
- I’ve had three babies unmedicated and still feel that was better than the giant epidural needles.
- Sitting in front of the fireplace with a blanket and good book is the most productive thing to do on the weekend.
- My husband and I love doing pillow fights with our kids. It feels like a great way to pay them back for all the sleep deprivation, and they love it.
- Our favorite thing to do as a family is go on walks around the neighborhood. Kids are happy outside and hubby and I get to talk for hours.
- As a kid I played the clarinet and flute. I also sang solos in front of my entire elementary school at band concerts. This was literally a miracle because I was a very shy and quiet kid. Currently making a mental note to ask my parents how they convinced me to do it.
- Fall is my favorite season, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No, I don’t like pumpkin spice unless it’s in an actual pie. If you feel the same then lets be friends.
I can’t wait to connect with you or do business with you!